Monday, February 13, 2012

Easter Eggs

As a result of Pete Lerner and Danielle Daltons' push for proper nutrition early in my pregnancy (when they so kindly let me live with them during my back and forth period), I have developed a love for hard boiled eggs, ironic since I used to despise cooked yolks. At Matt's little Birthday shindig- one of our guests, who has been in Switzerland far longer than us, informed us that the colored eggs we see in the grocery store (all year long) are actually pre-hard boiled eggs. They call them 'picnic eggs'  because apparently when people have picnics here they like to bring hard boiled eggs. Funnily enough, however, they look like Easter eggs, there is a picture of a bunny rabbit on the label, AND the label says 'Schweizer Oestereier' which means Swiss Easter Eggs (see picture 2). 
Matt and I had always thought these were just colored eggs, to get kids to think eating eggs were fun or something like that. Anyway, while the idea of a pre-hard boiled egg that had been sitting in the grocery store kind of grossed me out, my curiosity and love of hard boiled eggs overcame my disgust so I bought some. Unfortunately, when I cracked one open, it seemed more soft-boiled to me, which was where I drew the line.
In summary: funny, interesting, will not buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment