Saturday, March 24, 2012

Basel

We decided on a whim today to check out Basel. We hadn't been, and the weather was great, and it's less than an hour from Zürich. It was a cute city though maybe a bit less picturesque than some of the other cities we have visited in Switzerland.
Not quite so picturesque as the Zürich waterfront
A cute town nontheless...

This is the Basel Rathaus, which is like the town hall. Zürich's Rathaus is very plain compared to this one, which seemed like some sort of castle. 
This is the Münster in Basel, which is the German word for Cathedral.
This is your Swiss street Ritters!!
                                                                            And last but not least... the PwC Building in Basel... 

2 comments:

  1. For shizzle... I REALLLLY want to visit now that I've seen these gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!! Our own street. And there is an Interlaken as well. I think I am truly destined to visit :)

    ReplyDelete